Monday, March 31, 2008

Can we do this every weekend??

Since we've had a lot of family in town and it seems like we have been going, going, going...so I decided to surprise Tyler and take us to California for the weekend! My good friend Sabrina helped accomodate us by calling her parents who live in Hacienda Heights...and how exciting... only 20 minutes from Knottsberry Farm!! Sabrina's cute parents gave us some awesome discount tickets to get into Knottsberry. I've never been before and Tyler hasn't been there since he was a kid...and well, he still is! I wish you could have seen how "kid-in-the-candy-store" he was! He just couldn't wait to get on the next ride! It was so much fun to ride all the freaky-scary roller coasters and also take a relaxing train ride around the park. We needed some time away to ourselves, and it was so nice to do something exciting that we both like! We also got to meet some of the cutest most generous people! Lee and Carol Oldham made us feel like we were in a Hotel! Their house has so much history and texture. We absolutely loved it! It was so nice of them to let us come and stay. We hope to see them again! It was a short weekend trip and we left Sunday a little later than we thought, so we decided to go out to Manhattan Beach. When we got there it was windy and overcast... we sat in the car and watched the people go by and before we knew it, there was sunshine! We walked around for a bit with our sweatshirts on. I love the beach... I just wish it could have been warmer! Well, maybe next time!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Lucky, your trip sounds fun. I've only been to Knots once, in high school, and a friend and I both hurled after being on the teacups - we spun ourselves WAY too fast. I've never been the same around spinning rides since then... ryan

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

If you liked that you should come and see me, and we could go to six flags! They have an awesome roller coaster, that I was scared out of my wits the first time, but I wanted to go on it about 10 more times. I was only able to convince Danny to go two more times, he was a bit of a, shall we say, wimp ;)! Sersiously you should come and visit, you would like it....

Sabrina said...

I hear my dad made you watch old movies with him...I should have warned you.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

That would be so FUN! I would love to just surprise Jacob with a much needed trip away. That's so nice that you guys got discount tickets and everything. I love Knotts!

Andee said...

Hello! This is Andee, Rob's wife. I wanted to tell you congratulations! That is so EXCITING? We're excited to hear updates.

Kelli Despain said...

How fun is that?!? Knottsberry Farm is great, me and Jared were just talking about it. I'm glad you had a fun trip-it's so nice to get away sometimes!