Sunday, October 25, 2009

SO LONG, FAREWELL.........


I know, I know... where oh where have we been??? Well, where do I start?? After our fun camping trip, it seemed like I was just catching up with the last bit of laundry and house cleaning toward the end of September. When suddenly---Oh! I decided to turn 30!! Yes, it was a blessed day. Turning 30. Hmm. I have more wrinkles, I swear since I turned 30... or maybe I just barely noticed all of them... I feel like I have more knowledge, but some days my brain would beg to differ... I hope that I've learned a lot in my last 30 years, what I do know is that I have SO much more to learn... I really hope that my next 30 years are even better than they have been---there's only one way to go from here, and that's forward and upward!! WOOHOO!

Ok, on another note... the last week of September, Griffin finally decided he was going to start crawling... so yes, since then he has mastered the art. He now knows where all the rooms in the house are and he tries to get there as fast as his chubby little legs will get him there. Thank goodness no stairs yet... but he has fallen off the bed and couches quite a few times. What a bad mom I am... actually I think we just have a VERY curious little boy! We love him so much! :)

A few days after he started crawling we found out that Tyler was getting laid off... HUH?? WHAT?? Yes. It's true. Crazy and true. The day after he was laid off he had an interview at the main office of his company and a week later they decided to tell him that he was just going to be transferred to another job in Northern California. A week after that, he packed what he could and drove 12 hours to where our final destination will be. Redding California. NO, not Redlands... REDDING. I had never heard of it either, but after much research and a visit last week, I have started to be ok with moving another 500 plus miles away from our families. Ok, NO, I'm not happy about the family part, but I am happy that Tyler still has a job. We really have been blessed.

Wild and crazy news. Meantime, I am here, being a single mommy and packing our whole house... with the help of family thank goodness that live in town. So, if any of you are looking for a fun vacation to California, PLEASE COME VISIT US! WE WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO HAVE ANY ONE OF YOU!!!

HOPE THINGS ARE GOOD FOR ALL OF YOU!! PLEASE DROP US A NOTE SO WE KNOW WE'RE NOT FORGOTTEN! :)

love,
The McD Family

5 comments:

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

HI, I haven't looked at your blog FOREVER because I thought it was private! But yay it isn't. Griffin is so cute and huge. What a cutie. I love the pictures from your sealing day. Isn't that such a wonderful day. Anyway so happy for you guys. Good luck with Cali. I"ll have to look up where that is, I have never heard of it either. Haha

Jen said...

Good luck with the big move! I don't know where Redding is either...time for a Google search! And, you are definitely not a bad mom because your kid falls off couches and beds...that is just part of learning to move around by themselves!

The Baker Family said...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Those are frowns.
Why oh why can't you move back to Utah? My neighbor right next door is moving in January. I WILL FIND TYLER A JOB AND YOU CAN BUY THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR AND WE CAN ALL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lannae Orgill said...

I am so sad you are moving, but so glad that Tyler got a job. One more place to have to visit, (not killing two birds with one stone now, by seeing two kids at once) But maybe we'll go to Vegas when we're cold and to Redding when we are hot -- how's that for organization? You better get one ofthe web cams so we can continue to see griff.

heddomarie said...

California will be fun! Glad Tyler was able to get a new job so quick! Good luck on your new adventure!