Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

 Meet the newest member of the Orgill Family... Gracie Nikkole Orgill. She was born the week before Thanksgiving and holy poop she is the cutest thing ever. She looks just like my brother Brayden when she is sleeping and when she's awake she looks just like Nikki. Either way, she's adorbs. And P.S. when they say ugly parents make cute kids, um they were wrong in this instance. Nik and Brayd are pretty much models and their daughter is gorgeous... so that blows that one out of the water! Also, I do call her Gracie Lou Freebush--which I'm sure they hate, but it's the nickname I've deemed for her. Nik and Brayd are the best little parents in the world. I just wish we lived closer so I could squeeze the stuffing out of her--and them-- daily. XOXO
Thanksgiving football! It's a tradish! Thankfully no injuries this year, and the team I was on, won... after a while I don't think anyone really knows what team they are on, as long as you are running, with the ball, to the end zone and score, you're good. 
*Okay, firstly, this is one of the 8 ONLY pictures of our Thanksgiving spread... why? Well, new camera, {love it! clear photo's and all...muy mucho, but SO worth it!} So, in light of this new technologically advanced camera of ours, all the pictures were taken in a format that I've never even heard of, which led me to download a program that would help me convert all the pictures... in the mean time, I'm not sure where half of them went and like I said, 8 pictures out of like 180. Well, at least we have some evidence of Thanksgiving. ha ha. Lesson 1 from Sony A65, learned.*
So, this was just ONE of the 3 tables in my parents living room/kitchen to which all 23 of us fit around. Lots of good food and so much fun to be with our Orgill Fam. XOXO
The traditional temple square lights picture. We love to go see the lights at Thanksgiving/Christmas when we are in Utah. Although the crowds are crazy, you can still feel such a peace there. So grateful to have knowledge of the truth here on earth!
Lastly, but not leastly, my dear old Granny Gouch. This cute little 83 year old lady is a firecracker. Besides dementia and some Alzheimers, she's actually pretty sharp. She remembers everything of course from her childhood and where she lived growing up. Anything past that, not so much.  Of course my tender heart is not making fun of my granny but it is just so bazaar that I knew my granny when she was "all there" and now she knows me as the girl who was invited to Thanksgiving by some nice people and that I'm married to my brother-in-law. I know it's probably hard for my mom and her siblings to see her in this state, but I really do think it's funny. That's the funny part. You can tell her any story and she won't remember it a few minutes later. I guess I just know that one day my granny's mind will be fully restored, and hopefully she'll laugh at what stinkers we all were to her while her mind was elsewhere. I love this little lady and I'm so glad we got to see her for a few minutes this Thanksgiving. Love you Granny Gouch! XOXO

No comments: