Tyler and I decided after we got married to each do Valentine's every other year. This year was my turn. Well, the original plan was to have KFC at our kitchen table with some cute candles ready when Tyler came home from work. Then to a movie, "Fools Gold", then to one of our favorite places "The Elephant Bar" for yummy desert. I know you are probably asking why KFC--is that the new romantic food? Um no, it's because for some odd reason within the last month we have both had random dreams where we were at KFC. (I think I drempt about it because Tyler told me his dream about it first! No, we do not go there ever! It's been a long time anyway!) So, KFC was obviously the funny Valentine's joke! So, why was this the original plan? Because at about 9:30am while I was making everything sparkling clean, I got a text message from Tyler saying he had no idea why he even attempted to go into work and that he was finishing some things up and coming home. He came home, handed me his traditional "valentine poem" with a card, shared some laughs with me and then went up to bed. He was freezing, but he was burning up! I had the heating pad warming up his bed and 4 blankets, some orange juice and 2 cold/flu pills later, he was out for the rest of the afternoon. Poor guy. He felt bad but I explained to him that it was really just another day...plus the more he sleeps off the nasty crap the better he feels. So, our alternative Valentine's Day was KFC in bed with a beef and cheddar from Arby's on the side and eclaires from Smiths bakery. Not to mention, thank heaven for Red Box! And they still had a few good ones left! (last Valentine's Day it was Tyler's turn and he got us tickets to Rascal Flatts! The day of the concert: Tyler got the flu. We still went but he sat the whole time and was totally out of it! I really hope this isn't a trend... maybe we should change Valentine's Day to the end of the month!)
Friday, February 15, 2008
Our VALENTINE's day....
Tyler and I decided after we got married to each do Valentine's every other year. This year was my turn. Well, the original plan was to have KFC at our kitchen table with some cute candles ready when Tyler came home from work. Then to a movie, "Fools Gold", then to one of our favorite places "The Elephant Bar" for yummy desert. I know you are probably asking why KFC--is that the new romantic food? Um no, it's because for some odd reason within the last month we have both had random dreams where we were at KFC. (I think I drempt about it because Tyler told me his dream about it first! No, we do not go there ever! It's been a long time anyway!) So, KFC was obviously the funny Valentine's joke! So, why was this the original plan? Because at about 9:30am while I was making everything sparkling clean, I got a text message from Tyler saying he had no idea why he even attempted to go into work and that he was finishing some things up and coming home. He came home, handed me his traditional "valentine poem" with a card, shared some laughs with me and then went up to bed. He was freezing, but he was burning up! I had the heating pad warming up his bed and 4 blankets, some orange juice and 2 cold/flu pills later, he was out for the rest of the afternoon. Poor guy. He felt bad but I explained to him that it was really just another day...plus the more he sleeps off the nasty crap the better he feels. So, our alternative Valentine's Day was KFC in bed with a beef and cheddar from Arby's on the side and eclaires from Smiths bakery. Not to mention, thank heaven for Red Box! And they still had a few good ones left! (last Valentine's Day it was Tyler's turn and he got us tickets to Rascal Flatts! The day of the concert: Tyler got the flu. We still went but he sat the whole time and was totally out of it! I really hope this isn't a trend... maybe we should change Valentine's Day to the end of the month!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear Tyler was sick again. I hope he's better and that you don't get it too. To make you feel better, we had a pretty boring evening as well. Ryan fell asleep putting Bay to bed at 8:00 and didn't wake up till almost ten, despite me trying to wake him up. I was kinda ticked.
Wow, that is two Valentine's that don't sound like fun. I remember when he told me he had gotten tickets to Rascal Flatts and was SO excited for you! Poor you and him! Maybe you should have a "make-up" Valentine's day?
That sucks! Did he have what Moose had? I hope not or that would have been quite the mess on your hands.That's so cute that you celebrate V-day. Us, on the other hand, we dont know how.
That is too bad! What's wierd is we're kind of superstitious about Valentine's Day too now. Three years ago, Gage had to be hospitalized on Valentine's with RSV (a respiratory virus that is pretty dangerous for little ones). Now this year, we found out that Cooper has RSV and we had to ditch our plans to go see Phantom. So we can sympathize a little. Hopefully we both don't make this a habit.
Post a Comment