So, since it was our 5th, I told Tyler that he was in charge of planning something fun for our Anniversary this year! The real story is that when we got married in June of 2003, Tyler also decided to enroll in Summer semester at BYU so he could graduate that December... So, yes, we got married on a Thursday, had our reception that night, had an open house in Vegas 2 days later and that very next Tuesday, Tyler was back at school... I know, FUN huh! It wasn't that bad really. Of course we both wanted to be done with the school thing so that is how it all worked out. We've tried to do fun things for our anniversaries since we didn't get a real "honeymoon" so that's why he wanted to make sure we did something fun for our #5! And wow, did he do a great job! He kept it a big secret from me for 2 whole months--he's good at secrets, not me, I can not wait at all! Anyway, we went to Mesa, Arizona with some of our good friends, and boy oh boy was it mind-blowing!! (I'm sure you are thinking, what is so mind-blowing about Arizona??) I'm not sure how, but Tyler found this awesome place called Salt River... it's this long 4 hour tubing ride you go on! It was actually really relaxing, besides everyone around us smoking, drinking, littering, swearing amd asking us if we had "tree's" in our backpack... DID WE BELONG?? Not really, but it seriously was fun! The sun definitely drained us though! Since Tyler is working on a Westgate Condo project, he talked to one of the family members of the owner, and got us hooked up with an awesome time-share in Mesa. We had our own rooms with a living/kitchen area in between the rooms...talk about more mind-blowing things... we watched movies, drank root-beer, cruised all the streets, went to down-town Pheonix and ate yummy food from all sorts of places! It was a way fun 5th Anniversary! Thanks Hun!! (By the way, YES Tyler did get sick 2 days before we left. He had the chills, fever, everything... it was not fun. Thank goodness he felt better when we were getting ready to leave! I told ya, it happens every time! He's cursed!)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
What a Fun Anniversary!!
So, since it was our 5th, I told Tyler that he was in charge of planning something fun for our Anniversary this year! The real story is that when we got married in June of 2003, Tyler also decided to enroll in Summer semester at BYU so he could graduate that December... So, yes, we got married on a Thursday, had our reception that night, had an open house in Vegas 2 days later and that very next Tuesday, Tyler was back at school... I know, FUN huh! It wasn't that bad really. Of course we both wanted to be done with the school thing so that is how it all worked out. We've tried to do fun things for our anniversaries since we didn't get a real "honeymoon" so that's why he wanted to make sure we did something fun for our #5! And wow, did he do a great job! He kept it a big secret from me for 2 whole months--he's good at secrets, not me, I can not wait at all! Anyway, we went to Mesa, Arizona with some of our good friends, and boy oh boy was it mind-blowing!! (I'm sure you are thinking, what is so mind-blowing about Arizona??) I'm not sure how, but Tyler found this awesome place called Salt River... it's this long 4 hour tubing ride you go on! It was actually really relaxing, besides everyone around us smoking, drinking, littering, swearing amd asking us if we had "tree's" in our backpack... DID WE BELONG?? Not really, but it seriously was fun! The sun definitely drained us though! Since Tyler is working on a Westgate Condo project, he talked to one of the family members of the owner, and got us hooked up with an awesome time-share in Mesa. We had our own rooms with a living/kitchen area in between the rooms...talk about more mind-blowing things... we watched movies, drank root-beer, cruised all the streets, went to down-town Pheonix and ate yummy food from all sorts of places! It was a way fun 5th Anniversary! Thanks Hun!! (By the way, YES Tyler did get sick 2 days before we left. He had the chills, fever, everything... it was not fun. Thank goodness he felt better when we were getting ready to leave! I told ya, it happens every time! He's cursed!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You've got to be kidding? He seriously got sick again?? What is the deal? That's so crazy! That sounds like a lot of fun. I knew that you were going to Mesa, AZ but didn't know the details. Maybe he thinks I would tell? LOL Glad you had fun! :)
That sounds like so much fun! Especially the river part. I can't believe its been 5 years. Congrats!
Oh and you need to tell that sister of yours to get on the ball with her blogging.
-Kimmy
What a fun trip. Especially hanging out with drunk pot smokers. Yeah, Jeal. Glad you guys had fun. What a good anniversary gift
Looks like a blast! It is so awesome that you celebrate your anniversary so fun! I am jealous!
Wow, that sounds fun. I think you would have had an even better time if you came to Cincinnati. I guess there's always next year.
How cute of Tyler. That sounds like fun. I am still hinting to Joey (okay more like blatantly telling him) that we need to go on a cruise for our 10 year. We shall see. Well? DID you have trees in your backpacks???
That sounds like so much fun! To be honest, I can't remember what we did for #5. I am hoping for a cruise again, maybe for number 10? You guys look so cute in the pic, I love pink, it's my favorite color!
Post a Comment