Monday, July 7, 2008

happy happy happy happy......


We had a surprise Birthday party for Tyler on June 26th... it was a ton of fun!! Yes, it stayed a surprise... until he decided for some wierd reason to get off work a little earlier than usual that day... of course that always happens when you don't want it too. Everything had been worked out accept for how to distract him from getting there before everyone else did! I called and told him that his family had invited us over to dinner that night and to meet us there after work... well he was a smarty pants and as I was talking to him he drove by and saw that there were cars at his parents house already... he thought something was up but wasn't quite sure what. He's such a spoiler! Anyway, everyone else had hidden their cars around the corner on another street and when he came in we all yelled surprise! He wasn't expecting everyone that was there! It was so much fun! We had a lot of good friends from our ward there with their kids... the kids played on the slip-n-slide and the adults played water-balloon volleyball. We all enjoyed ourselves... you'll notice that Tyler's birthday candles are on cupcakes! We decided to do cupcakes instead of cake... much less to clean up! Thanks to everyone for coming and sharing this fun day and to Ty's family for letting us have the bash at their house!! Happy BIG 30 TY!!

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I am still so sad that we missed it. :( Stupid out of town work trips! Glad you all had fun though!

Katie said...

Wish we could have been there, but thanks for the invite anyway. Tyler, you are looking good- I hear you guys have been dropping some poundage for the cruise.

Karina said...

Hey guys!! So I got onto your blog from the link off of Kimmy and Lukes blog... hope you dont mind. I really am likeing this whole blogging thing since we rarely get a chance to see you guys I can at least see what you are up to!!! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer so far! Hopefully we will get a chance to see you guys soon!