Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4 Months Old!

Our little-big growing BOY!! I've had to update his wardrobe twice in the last month... he seemed to grow right out of all his 3 month clothes in just a few weeks, and now is wearing 6 month clothes! He is so dang long it is ridiculously cute! Every day that Tyler comes home he looks at him and says that he looks so much bigger than when he left that morning for work! Crazy how much a littl baby's body grows in just a year... I can't imagine having that many things changing constantly... no wonder his first 3 months were so tough for him... his little body was trying to keep up with all the growing! He is doing 10 times better than he used too. Everyone told us, wait till 3 months... hmmm... I'm going to say maybe 3 1/4 months was when he finally chilled out... maybe I should say, that's how long it took us to figure him out! He now eats every 3 hours instead of every 2--thank heavens-- and since I think I have finally figured out his little digestive system--switching between probiotics and prune juice when he eats-- he's so much more happy! Every morning he wakes up with a little smile on his face when he finally gets our attention! He sleeps 4-6 hours at night, which is grrrreat, but sadly I've somehow learned to tune out his crying, and now Tyler has to wake me up to give him his binkie or bottle... ha ha guess I'm a little tired still? I have finally come to the great knowledge that I will never sleep again. It's sad really... but soooo worth it!! :)

5 comments:

Yorgason Family said...

He is adorable. Look at all that hair. Yes they grow so fast, My little Marcus is growing like a weed as well I fear he will not wear any of Austins clothes as he keeps growing out of everything so quickly. But he is just a doll I am so happy for you...

Jen said...

I have been super lucky that both of my girls have been good sleepers, but here are some of my tricks...

I feed them approximately every 2 hours between wake up time and bed time (I'll wake them up to feed them if I have to), with an extra feeding or 2 in the 3 hours before "sleep" time. I let them cry it out when they wake up in the night. Finally, I never put my kids into their beds when they are already asleep...they always have to self soothe. Also, Baby Einstein Lullaby Classics has worked wonders. It is the clear signifier to my kids that they need to go to sleep. Good luck. He is such a cutie!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

He is so dang cute! He has really grown quickly from all the pictures I've seen. That pic of him and Tyler together is adorable...like father like son?! Glad he's getting more sleep and you are too. :) Thanks for coming to the shower and bringing your sister. :)

Katie said...

We miss the little guy- I'm so glad he's gotten happier! You're right about not sleeping ever again. . .Bay and Bridge are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 now and I still have to get up with someone a couple of times a week. Although, I know it will be 100x worse come June. By then you guys can just laugh at how tired we will be because Griffin will be sleeping 12 hours straight, right? =)

The Baker Family said...

Your baby is so fat!!! I couldn't believe how big he was when we came. Wow!! He's a doll though!!!