Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's are Amazing!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful! It is so interesting because yesterday I was thinking that it was usually just one day a year that I got to celebrate "me".... but now I get two days! My birthday and Mother's Day! I really did feel special yesterday. I felt like it was a day to reflect on my own Mother and Mother-in-law... and now me as a Mommy. My mom taught me so much growing up, especially since I am the oldest of 6 kids. She is an amazing person to me. My mother-in-law has been an amazing, fun-loving, supportive person in my life. I love them both dearly. I'm also eternally grateful for the special birthmom that allowed me to become a mommy. I have enjoyed every single second of it. I can't believe how much I've grown and changed. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my sweet little boy. I just feel so incredibly blessed to be a mom!

5 comments:

John and Marissa said...

YAY for being a mommy! What a special day for you...

Yorgason Family said...

Happy 1st Mothers Day... I am so happy for you and the wonderful blessing of having Griffin in your life. SOunds like you had a wonderful day!!

The Baker Family said...

happy mama's day! again. It's still weird to me that you have a kid! ha!

Luke and Kimmy said...

OH I didn't know that we got access to your blog. This makes me happy. It was great to see you guys on Sunday and I can hardly believe how big Griffin is. Isn't it sad that I didn't know who he was at first. Now that I know I can see your blog, I'll be checking it more often so that doesn't happen again.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats on your first Mother's day! being a mommy is great!!