Friday, May 18, 2012

Yup, it's been going on!

We've been keeping busy as usual! I first have to post this picture of Griffin and I from Christmas because it is the screen saver on my laptop, and every time I look at my computer, it makes me smile! This picture completely shows off his hilarious quirkiness and I love it!

Also: I don't think I've had 2 blog posts this close together in a a LOOONG time, so I have to give myself some credit there! I guess in just the last month, we've kept ourselves busy with a trip to Folsom, housework, homework, gardening, housework, homework... repeat; you get the idea. I am starting to wonder if our friends from our ward know we are alive anymore because we really haven't been to social! Okay, so we can blame this last LARGE project on Pinterest... I was inspired by a few different projects that I fell in love with...

...THIS PATTERN & THE COLOR!
...THIS DRESSER MAKE-OVER & THE COLOR!
...THIS KITCHEN TABLE WITH SO MUCH CHARACTER!









 So...Why did I decide to take on this task of "kitchen table & chairs makeover"... because we are in a rental house right now. It is lovely, a little closed off with all of the walls, but it does have the space we need for all of our nice things.............and all of our junk. We can't paint the white/off white walls, so why not bring in some color with our own furniture! We've had this kitchen table & chairs since we were first married. We purchased the table at the RC Willey scratch and dent center in Salt Lake for $100. There were no chairs that came with the set, so we found them at another furniture store for $79 each. This set has been through 9 different moving excursions and other than the last move which left one of our chairs scraped up a bit, it really has endured! I was happy to give it a little TLC and give us a bright cheery kitchen table that we are now excited to gather around for games, meals and just sitting. Here's the before and after! (I'm still wondering about the 2 yellow chairs... but Tyler likes them, so I think it will take some time to warm up to!)
What I thought would take me a few days to do, took me 3 weeks. Of course I had other things going on in between this project, but I really felt like I was working on it night and day. But, it's done, and we love it!

Tyler and Griff planted our Spring/Summer garden again this year. We spaced things further apart this time so we don't get any hyper-breed vegetables like cucumbers with cantaloupe centers. (yummy smell, gross taste!) Hopefully this year our tomatoes will survive! We also planted strawberries & watermelons.

We also had the fun experience of the cutest little birthday party that Griffin was invited to. It was a "Tangled" theme, and there were only 2 "Flynn Rider's" invited... however, Griffin was the only one who went... yep, One Flynn Rider in a giant Sea of Princesses! I really think he was in HEAVEN! He danced with all the girls and fit right in with the squeals and giggles. It was quite funny. Here's a few of the happenings... enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your furniture makeovers girl. I love the punch of color :)